Thursday, March 21, 2013

KPop: Infintie - Man In Love Review

Infinite - Man In Love


 
So when I saw that Infinite had finally brought out it's new song I cried out so loud the whole house was in a wreck.

Setting
The setting was really beautiful, I loved the classy apartment setting as well as the vintage classroom with the kids which I thought was random at first.Something I dont understand was why in a classroom there were only four students and why would this guy suddenly appear out of nowhere to use the piano...then I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION that he was either doing it on purpose because he liked the girl or he was homeless and did not have anywhere to practice ( I bet it was the first one :P ) 
It's great that they gave the guys each a different part in the video,each with a different occupation or setting that they focused on, their clothing and what they are doing and how they are reacting perfectly suit their roles.
The dance scene background is really nice with the vibrant sky blue and light drifting clouds, but with the typical sandy looking ground which I have seen in a few other kpop music video's just annoyed me, as soon as I saw the floor I was like 'Oh my gosh I have seen that before! 100% and Beast used thaaatttt'.
 Even in the stair scene, I loved how they clearly expressed the retro theme with all the posters and books, and such a warm colouring on the wall, the tan brown was light but not yucky that I couldn't look at it which was really settling. Something I really didn't get was why he continued to walk up and down the stairs with books then sat on the roof top BUT WAIT!? Then I thought SERIOUSLY! that TINY! pile is all the books he carried up? However! I did love the roof top look. When at the university, he is carrying the physics book, it is so annoying and in your face distracting I just want to take it out of his hands and throw it away. The focus is CONSISTENTLY ON THE ANNOYING BOOK! I guess it was trying to express that he was smart and studious kind of character but STILL I WANNA SEE HIS BEAUTIFUL FACE NOT A TEXTBOOK! Apart from that I thought their settings were really nice EXCEPT FOR ONE MAJOR THING I NEED TO MENTION!
If you are a Shinee fan (like me) you would have noticed the similarity with the stages in the black and white costumes....DID THEY TAKE SHINEE'S IDEA WITH A ROUNDED ROOF STAGE?! ALSO NOTE! The university was called Infinite University if you didn't notice.

Characters:
 So the main characters I saw was the pianist who was not the best pianist in the world, the apartment cool relaxed kind of guy getting ready for a date, the university student in love, the dating guy trying to find a gift for his love interest (which is not overly priced), the cooking character preparing something sweet for his love, the romantic journal/diary/poet kind of character, the adventurous character preparing something really magical to a large scale. I think they also used the characters to show the different stages guy go through when they are in love. I loved what a range of personalities they used and how the settings represented that. I also loved how each character was somehow connected in a way, if one was passing the other or looking at the other the transitions of characters was really nice and gentle. I FORGOT TO MENTION THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER YET! The...CAT! Meow oh my gosh how adorable, I still didn't see what the use of the cat was when it was delivered to him I thought the kitten should have been delivered to the girl...and then IT CAME TO ME! It's an alien kitten come to help him prepare to impress his love! Good idea infinite!

The Costumes
OH. MY. GOSH HOW AWESOME ARE THEY?
Look, the black and white theme can be over used, but the way they blended the patters was really creative, with a hint of colour it was such a beautiful  combination or swirling patters. DOESN'T IT REMIND YOU OF SHINEE'S DREAM GIRL MUSIC VIDEO, in addition with the circular roof stage, black and white costumes then moving onto these quirky patterned costumes with strange shapes and textures, I really was like "Oh My Gosh..GUYS!" Look overall the costumes were really creative but also really got across different styles. 

The Dance
Hmmm..... yes there was sexy dancing in it if you didn't notice....a lot of pelvic touching only by a few of the members though! I really like the airplane kind of dance moves, very sharp big swings from side to side,  lots of foot work big accented moves

The Song and its lyrics!
The constant electric sounds in the back are really mixed well together, accompanied with a strong consistent beat bouncing in the background, and sudden synthesis coming back and forth.
The lyrics were really great, I thought it was so cute and unique and definitely true. 
"All of the melodrama's in the world seem like my story, I try to look good when I didn't before by paying attention to my appearance" I thought is so CUTE! It doesn't get cheesy at any point in my opinion its just a song really expressing how childlike and innocent love can start to be and develop into something so much more special to the guy. It really expresses the first love feeling. I also got the reminder of a 60's to 70's kind of song with the drums hitting like that and then that trill in the middle of the song while they are dancing makes me so excited. The rap was also really exciting to listen to, I didn't feel bored for a second and wanted to join in (if I could...hehehe). The long vocals is really beautiful followed by the rise in pitch and grow in synthase, I can feel the power rise.

Overall
I really liked how the video was edited, they didn't stay too long on the dance to make me bored. I really dislike it when video's stay too long and focus way too much on the dance when its meant to be a music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment