Thursday, March 7, 2013

J-Drama Review: Ouran Host Club

OURAN HOST CLUB

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU NOT WATCH THIS J-DRAMA?
If you want to laugh, well here is the laugh!
If you want to cry, you have the cry!
If you want to feel your heart beat so fast while you blush outrageously, well you have that too!
The classic characters of the manga and anime follow perfectly in the drama, the actors perform extremely well and live up to the expectations of each individual character.


 I rather enjoyed the costumes and the way they dressed and styled each character, it really enhanced the role in the right way except for one thing which I will discuss later on.

For those who don't know much about Ouran Host Club, it is about a girl called Haruhi who is very tomboyish (as seen in the image on the right) and attends a private school with really wealthy, probably a more better word is EXTREMELY, wealthy people because she is on a scholarship, as she is very smart and quick at learning. She finds herself in the Ouran Host Club and as she is rushing out accidentally breaks a very expensive vase, starting the wonderful relationship between her and 6 extremely good looking and wealthy boys. As she is not wealthy and is unable to pay it, she is told to stay and do odd jobs (in the movie she is asked to bring in a certain amount of girls as 'pay') Finally they decide to make her part of the club, as they are not the brightest bunch they give her a male uniform and a male make over, assuming she is a male because of her tomboyish look. Instantly she is a good part of the club and brings a lot of attraction, because of what I think is her awkward but very humble, well mannered, polite personality. 


Eventually they find out one by one and she is accepted very well into the group, she has her hardships from the jealousy other girls have against her but she is a really strong character and battles them with her force.





The rest of the series just goes through the typical steps to developing romance, trouble between siblings and just the normal drama you would get at school...EXCEPT FOR ONE THING! Everything has a hint of comedy which just makes it so entertaining to watch,  I have never loved and watched every single second of a drama before so I can definitely say its worth watching. Even with its cheesiness, the over dramatic acting and exaggerated mood swings I can definitely and proudly say that I loved it all because of the level they produced it at. 

MY FAVORITE PART:
I WILL UPDATE SOON!




No comments:

Post a Comment